Thursday 19 October 2017

Foley Work Shower Scene

Today we have seen our foley work. I think that I and Matt did really well, in producing a funny comical version of the famous psycho shower scene. With our sounds, we used a soundtrack of Taylor Swift's song " I knew you were trouble, with a goat scream sound effect in it, I think that we could have matched the sound to the movie clip more, by adjusting the sound clip, since I felt it was slightly out of place.

I think our foley went fairly well, since we wanted to try to make the scene funny not scary, and have our own twist on the famous Physico scene, I felt that the running water down the drain SFX, worked really well as a shower, compared to rice which we had filmed in another clip, and I felt it sounded like the water was really heavy and was not shower like. Also the riping of fabric worked really well, to create a ripping of the shower curtain effect, to create a sense that the woman had fallen, we used a knife hitting a cabbige, this created a sound that sounded like something was falling with force.  In the future, I think I will try to get three different sound effects that sound similar so that I can find the one that fits it better, which is something I found with the water and the rice.

Overall I found the editing process fairly easy, I found that having the sound waves on with the original sounds helped to match up the sounds that we recorded,  some challenges we faced was that we didn't have enough sound effects so we had to repeat a lot of the sound effects, and we could have tried to add more by filming more or by making the sound clips longer so they are not repeted.
I felt that we achieved a fairly good sync with the sounds because we used the sound waves from the original clip to match up with the sounds we recorded.
We managed to volume balance the sound clips by turning the volume down and finding the correct volume. We added music which was the main part of our edited physic sceene.

We found that people thought that our clip was very funny, entertaning, and very original, people thought we could do better if we added more sound effects, and to try to make it scarier.

No comments:

Post a Comment